With your own unique talents, you could serve as patient/family/services Volunteer! Imagine using your talents to help bring dignity and compassion to the end of life. Hospice volunteering is a gift to the patients, their families and our volunteers often feel they are the ones being given a gift.
Possible Champion Hospice volunteer opportunities include:
- End-of-Life Volunteers – Trained patient-care volunteers provide support, respite care and companionship in the home or nursing home for patients who are actively dying.
- Direct Patient Volunteers – Trained volunteers visit or telephone patients and families at home, in nursing homes, assisted living facilities or inpatient units.
- Hair Care Volunteers – Trained patient-care volunteers provide haircuts, shampoos and styling to patients and families. The hair care volunteers must have a current cosmetology license.
- Pet Volunteers – Screened and trained pets and their volunteer handlers visit patients and provide socialization, comfort, and more.
- Music Volunteers – Trained patient care volunteers provide support to the patient and family by singing or playing a musical instrument.
- Photography Volunteers– These volunteers provide comfort and support by taking professional pictures of patients and families. The photography volunteer will provide a picture CD to families.
- Bereavement Volunteers – Bereavement specialists provide grief and loss counseling, memorial services, and other support services for family and loved ones.
Sign up to become a Champion Hospice volunteer today! Complete the form on this page or contact any of our locations!